Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snow

This is the first time in  a long time that I can remember being truly happy. The first snow has always been the beginning of a loooooooong bout of depression for me. (and here in Rochester that lovely white fluff is likely to last from October until April)  But the most incredibly odd thing happened the other day. I was at work when I looked out the window and saw the white flakes blowing by the window. For the fist time ever ,I saw it and smiled and thought to myself "wow that's really pretty" 
I woke up this morning an hour early just so I could enjoy a few cups of coffee and look out the window. 
I wonder if my new found appreciation for life and all things has anything to do with last October. I'm sure it does. I guess I just appreciate life more these days, and am seeing things through the eyes of a person who is truly grateful that she is still here.  
I love life. 
I have been inspired by a fellow blogger  to capture the beautiful things around me, and am seriously considering taking up photography. 
God help me. 
I tend not to be the most creative person in the world when it comes to artistic things, but I'm hoping that taking photos will be an exception.  I would love to be able to post the things around me for you to see!
Happy Thursday all, have a beautiful day.

No comments: