Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh how I love the things that make me happy.

I love my life. And I love the things in it that make me smile. 
Last night would have been a prime example of this. At 12:01 am I was sitting in the theatre watching the Twilight saga unfold on the big screen, and by the time I left my cheeks were killing me!
I smiled like a goofy 12 year old through the entire film. It obviously does not do the book much justice when it comes to details, but overall I was pleased. I can't wait to go see it again :)
As previously mentioned there is a certain lightness to my spirit as of late, and I want to take the time to acknowledge a few of the most special things in my world these days. 
I believe that when you take the seemingly insignificant pieces of your life for granted, You set yourself up to be discontent with the world around you.
On that note, I am thankful for...

space heaters

books

lavender shampoo

my grandmother for sparking my interest in reading as a little girl

my love of cooking

tea

my community

being smart

being grounded

classical piano cd's

journals

watching the snow fly by the streetlamp

individuality

peacefulness

the strength to overcome addiction

the strength to realize I am not defined by who I am with

the strength to realize I'm okay with being alone

homeschooling

vintage things

headbands

growing my hair long. 

1 comment:

BIBI said...

Awwww, I love your list. I need to come up with one to remind me of what is special to me also. love your post. *hug*