Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today America Is Up In Arms About...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrKukbZjX8A&feature=related



Follow the link, and you will see why my coffee flew out of my mouth at 7 AM today.

So, they're 8 years old, they are performing in their dance recital. Not that anyone cares, but what is my take on these shenanigans?

I think these girls worked really hard, all year to perfect a dance that made them feel (and look) like big girls. Good for them.
Their parents, and choreographers on the other hand. Serious issues there.

Why any parent would encourage their daughter to wear a barely-there outfit and "dance" the way they did is beyond me.
Maybe I'm a little old school, but [i thought] dance recitals involved awful red lipstick , tap shoes with big goofy bows, freaking out that you cant wear undies, and actual talent.

Outside of some nice turns, these girls were really just air-grinding. Nothing remarkable.

Wonder what they charge for lessons.....

1 comment:

Bright.Eyed.Bug said...

Wow. thats ridiculous. I don't think I'm that old..but when I danced it was all about the big bows and lots and LOTS of sequins. That song seems really inappropriate for the girls. And I'm pretty sure Beyonce wore more in her video then those girls' costumes...