Friday, December 5, 2008





Eventful beginning to the weekend so far. I went for a walk in the woods, here are a couple of the pictures I snapped. I then came home and warmed up with some tea and baked scones. This would be my first attempt at making them and I think they turned out really really well. I added orange zest and golden raisins. Yummmm.
I like days like today when everything feels cozy and it's twenty degrees out. 
Tonight is the office Christmas party, not looking forward to it much. I think people have a hard time figuring me out. Especially my co-workers. They can't figure out why I'm single, or why I choose to stay that way. They informed me that tonight they will find an appropriate fellow for me to have a one night stand with. They claim I am at the prime age to have such "fun". 
Of course I reminded them (while trying not to let my completely mortified expression give me away) that I am simply not that kind of girl. I am happy with my life and wouldn't change a thing. I don't need someone to complete me. 
That did nothing for my situation though. They are still hellbent on finding someone. Anyone. Whatever. I am half tempted to show up in sweats with my hair a mess, but I probably wouldn't have a job come Monday if I went that route. 
So tonight should be interesting to say the least. 
I just wish people would leave well enough alone. 

2 comments:

BIBI said...

Good for you! And well said. If I had you confidence when I was your age, I don't think I'd be so screwed up right now.

Clarity said...

There is no such thing as screwed up, just differant paths that lead us to specific points in life for a reason. Everybody has a unique story.