Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bedtime (I hope)

winter is definitely setting in here in upstate NY. I love the season, but seriously dislike the common cold that tends to come with it. I love my job don't get me wrong, but working in such an incredibly close proximity (actually in their mouths!) to children from the ages of 5-19,  I am finding that I might be experiencing the beginnings of my first illness of the year.

But enough about my immune system.

I have had several sleepless nights lately, along with very disturbing dreams when I actually do find sleep. I will settle myself in bed no later than 10 pm, but sleep finds me no sooner than midnight. Then I will wake up every hour to see if I've overslept. Finally my alarm rings at 5:45 am. During the interim of actual asleep time, I've found that my dreams are so vivid and real that I forget from day to day weather my conversations and actions were real, or something my mind made up. It's very frustrating. Had a glass of wine tonight, hopefully that will help.

Had to order a few more books today. I will have my freshly started 634 page novel read by the end of the weekend I'm sure. So I have Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights on the way. I am so excited to dive into a few classics! And I love that I have been able to find classics on Amazon for $.01, plus shipping. Better than any bookstore deal around here! 

Another day comes to a close. Sweet Dreams all.....

3 comments:

BIBI said...

Bummer about the sleeping. Hope it gets better. By the way, what 634 book are you reading? And you actually have time for that? Whew!
Just kidding. I've read books bigger than that. Can't think of them now, but it'll come to me.

Jennifer Louise said...

the classics are the best, you are sure to enjoy them!
Nice blog you have here :)

Clarity said...

haha the big books are always the most fun because they are so challenging! Breaking Dawn is the current read, although I would suggest House Of Leaves, another good long one :)